Friday, March 13, 2015

So, it's official.  We're leaving Taiwan. :(  From the beginning of the school year, we thought that this might be our last.  (Our families didn't believe us, but we new this was the first year where we were really considering it.)  Earlier in the school year, I created a to-do list.  I just hadn't gotten around to posting it on our blog.  Well, I still have a few things to check off.  So, here it is.
Things to do before I leave Taiwan

  1. Go camping in a non-camping area again.  - Moon Festival 
  2. Explore a new part of Yangmingshan
  3. Go to Hehua Shan/aka the Switzerland of Taiwan  - 10/10 Weekend
  4. Take a train ride up Alishan  Feb. 15 with Marcy and Melissa.
  5.  Brave the crowds at Pingxi once more...if only to get a good video/pics.    Wasn't paying attention, and lantern festival passed before I realized it.  
  6. Pick Calla Lilies again  Tina's visit to Taiwan. Feb. 27
  7. Eat at the vegetarian hot pot place Tina's visit to Taiwan. Feb. 27
  8. Go to Kenting - Teacher Retreat  Feb. 15-18
  9. Video daily life in Taipei 
  10. Go up 101 again. - Google Field Trip, March 10
  11. Participate in a dragon boat race
  12. Get a hair cut
  13. Cherry blossom season up on Yangmingshan - Maybe it was because I new it was my last year or also because Tina came at a good time, I feel like I have never seen so many cherry blossoms around Taiwan before.  
  14. Visit Jiu Fen
  15. Find a new vantage point to watch the planes land...possibly in Neihu
  16. Along those lines, go back to the street right by the airport and FEEL the planes land over us.  
  17. Climb Elephant Mountain and take a picture of 101. - Field Trip, March 10
  18. Spend an afternoon in a zen-ish park watching people. 
  19. Video Shilin Night Market 
  20. Go to the Forbidden Hot Springs - Well, that was quite the story.  Wish I had a picture of our encounter with the Po-Po.  If Tina had her way, she would have gotten one. 
  21. U-bike in a new area. 
  22. Jog alongside the river for a ways. 
  23. Eat at KGB once more. 
  24. Overindulge at Mia Cucina one final time. 
  25. Buy some cute stationery/gift bags at thee stationery store in Shilin.  Fill them with gifts for friends.  - Technically, I've done this, but I want more cute gift bags.  I'll really miss ALL the cute stationery items that abound in Asia. 
  26. Celebrate the end of my TES class.  - This one is just next week!
  27. Video a Costco trip during Chinese New Year.  - Since Chinese New Year is already over, I guess I'll just have to do it on a Sunday...same-same. 
  28. Before it gets hot, invite friends on a picnic to the beach. 
  29. Get all the health tests done, NOW!   - I've been doing a pretty good job with this one lately.  
  30. Go to the dentist once more for $5 USD. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You keep that Sunday Costco trip. Yuck.